It’s no secret that the Mosin Nagant isn’t the most comfortable rifle to shoot. It’s heavy and kicks like a mule, but it throws lead like a bat out of hell. The factory stock is very heavy and when combined with the barrel is tough to lug around.
- Monte Carlo gun stock easily converts Mosin Nagant gun into a modern-looking hunting rifle
- Chemical-resistant Scorpion recoil pad absorbs impact regardless of load size, for pain-free shooting; improves target reacquisition by minimizing muzzle lift
- DuPont Extreme Temperature Glass-reinforced Polymer and raised 3M Soft Touch cheek rest pad for improved shooting comfort
- Fits most 91/30 rifles, as well as M-38 and M-44 carbines, and Mosin Nagant variants 7.62x54R
- Includes limited lifetime manufacturers warranty
Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Replacing the stock on the Mosin is a must do mod for anyone wanting to seriously shoot or hunt with their Mosin. The
The stock comes with some “extras” that make the Mosin even more useful. It comes with sling swivel studs, a raised cheekrest, and a rubber butt pad (making the kick a little more bearable). Similar to modern hunting rifles, the stock has a vertical pistol like grip behind the trigger making holding a sight picture easier than with the Mosin factory horizontal stock.
The weight of the ATI stock is the biggest bonus. The factory laminate stock is anything but light. This stock is polymer making it lighter at 3.6 pounds and more durable than the factory wood stock.
From an installation standpoint, the Nagant guts drop right into the ATI stock. When installing the stock, be sure to follow the directions as the order of which parts go in and are tightened first helps to ensure you get a good fit.
The price of the ATI stock is much less expensive than other options. At under $75 this is a modification that you can do without breaking the bank or making you feel bad about spending more on an aftermarket stock than you did on the rifle itself.
Overall, the ATI Monte Carlo stock is a great option for your Mosin Nagant. It is a well reviewed and quality stock that Mosin owners have trusted for years. For other Mosin mods be sure to check out our Top 10 Mosin Nagant Mods.
For more information on this ATI stock and to see current prices click here.