Mosin Nagant Bolt Assembly, Included below are step by step instructions on the assembly of a Mosin Nagant rifle bolt.
1. You should have 6 pieces of the bolt cleaned and ready to assemble: The bolt handle, the firing pin, the firing spring, the connecting bar (split at the end), the safety mechanism (back of the bolt), and the bolt head.
2. Insert the rear of the firing pin into the spring.
3. Slide the firing pin and spring into the bolt handle.
4. Add the safety mechanism (or cocking piece) to the rear of the bolt handle as shown.
5. Use the forked end of the connecting bar to screw the firing pin into the safety mechanism. The spring adds a lot of tension so this is most easily done if you start the firing pin with your fingers while using a hard surface as support for the rear of the bolt. You will be finished with the marks on the end of the bolt match up with the slot on the end of the firing pin.
6. Add the bolt face to the connecting bar.
7. This is where it gets a little tricky. By twisting the bolt face and connecting bar, slide the bolt face over the firing pin. There is a square piece of metal on the rear of the bolt face that will fit into the front of the bolt handle as shown in the first picture. At the same time the connecting bar will need to connect to the safety mechanism by putting the forked end of the connecting rod over the safety mechanism slot. You will need to “engage” the safety by pulling and turning the safety mechanism.
8. That completes it. You now have completely assembled your Mosin Nagant bolt.
Also, be sure to read about the: Mosin Nagant Bolt Disassembley.